Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Thanksgiving Episode

           Dear Fans,
Since this is Thanksgiving Day, I will keep the post short, and to the point (if that is even possible for someone like me). Let me begin with my list of "thankful fors".

I am thankful for:
-you, the fans
-Heather
-turkey
-an interwebs that allows me the room to rant, rave, prognosticate, and blather
-the Chicago Bears (although I don't know why anymore)
-fall weather
-turkey
-the movie Elf (which you need to see if you have not already)
- space exploration
-the adoption process (see, I told you I would always find a way to mention it)
-dogs (but most certainly NOT cats)
-turkey
-Wall E (one of the best movies of all time)
-fire
-quirky friends
-an enthusiastic basketball team (and girls, if you are reading this, go run 3 miles)
-Lake Owen (if you don't know, you should go find out [or ask me sometime])
-turkey

Ok. That is out of the way. On to business. Well, we would go on to business, if there were business that needed attending. But let's face it: it's Thanksgiving, and I am so fixated on the impending turkey that I can't focus on much else. Oh, on a side note: Heather fed me bacon for breakfast this morning. That means that in one glorious day, I will consume every single one of my favorite foods. Which is excellent, but sets the bar awfully high for food on the other 364 days of the year. Despite that, I will survive, and once today is over, I will soldier on until next Thanksgiving. After we demolish the turkey (and yes, when my brother and I are in the same room, food gets demolished, not eaten), we will spend the afternoon and evening playing a wide variety of games, including the ever popular Solar Quest (if you are unaware of this magnificent game, I highly recommend that you find a copy and play it [although currently on eBay, the game is going for around $200. This is a ripoff, given that when it was  purchased for my birthday many years ago, it was less than $30]).

I know that many people are using the interwebs to post lists of deep and meaningful things that they are thankful for, but it bothers me that people only do this around Thanksgiving. I mean, shouldn't people be grateful year-round, and express that gratitude likewise? I hope that all of you fans will do better than this, and be thankful for everything you have, but on a daily basis. If you are, I believe you will lead much more satisfying lives. However, today is a great day for letting people know that you are thankful to and for them, so I encourage all of you to say "thanks" to at least one person today. I want to say a big "thank you!!!!" to all of our faithful readers and donors, who are helping us reach our goal of pre-funding our adoption. Also, a big thanks goes out to my folks who are hosting this wonderful day of fun and feasting. Finally, a big thanks to all of you out there who have been a part of my life this past year-without you, I would literally be all alone, which would have been boring, so I am deeply grateful that you filled what would have otherwise been a very empty calendar with many joyous events, shin-digs, hoe-downs, and hootenannies, and all of the other various experiences we have shared this year, all of which have made this past year what it was, which is a truism, I know, but sometimes, when you are focused on turkey, truisms are the only way you can express yourself clearly in what is obviously a ridiculous run-on that is created to draw your attention to said run-on, and to keep people guessing as to when the run on will end, without ever giving away the ending, or even attempting to make meaning as the end of the sentence draws nigh, which it does, but not quite yet, as it is quite enjoyable to write run-ons like this one, and I hope you all enjoy reading the run-on, and that you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Until we meet again, my friends. I am off to a date I have with some turkey.

-J&H-

No comments:

Post a Comment